1. Woolworths food and liquor sales were up 4.4% in the first quarter, a little behind Coles with a 5.2% increase.
2. An Indian jeweller has launched the world’s first diamond & gold vending machine.
3. Harvey Norman blame “intense competition” and a high A$ on their 3.8% sales drop in the September quarter.
4. Australian Retailers Association welcomes RBA decision to cut interest rates.
5. Major Group Buying sites have signed up to a code of conduct to protect consumer interests.
6. Melbourne based men’s fashion designer Declic opens its first store in Sydney.
7. Google offer free $75 Adwords - http://www.google.com.au/adwords/advertisingoffer/
8. Woolworths announce strategic review of its poorly performing Dick Smith division.
9. Sony heads for a A$1billion loss on its global operations in the current year.