Latest Retail News – W/E 30/11/2012
1. US consumers expected to spend $1.5 billion on Cyber Monday online sales.
3. Colorado Shoe brand re-introduced at Williams The Shoemen, Mathers, and Myer.
4. Clothing and footwear repairers expected to record above average sales growth 2012/2013.
5. Gerry Harvey warns that many retailers will collapse post Christmas.
6. Myer restricts “change of mind returns” to 30 days with receipt.
7. Billabong introduces in-store on-line shopping.
8. Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry reports small business confidence continues to decline.
9. Darrell Lea revival continues as Coles stock the brand across its network.
10. Greens parliamentarian pushes for more secure employment for casuals.
11. Esprit raised A$645m as it plans for the future in Asia.
12. Victoria’s Secret opens its 5th Australian store at Sydney’s Qantas domestic terminal.
13. Commonwealth Bank predicts Australians will spend an average of $475 on Christmas gifts.
14. Ikea introduce Klippbok, an app for iPad and desktop that allows customer interaction with product ideas.
15. Westfield to launch “Super Saturday” sale across its centres on December 1st.
16. Choice seeks Federal Parliamentary Enquiry into higher technology prices for Australians.
17. North America’s oldest company, Hudson Bay Trading, goes public
18. Allans, Billy Hyde bought by Australian Musical Imports with key stores to continue trading.
19. JB Hi-Fi to launch new Home stores with emphasis on whitegoods.
20. US’s largest online jeweller, Ice, launches Australian arm.
21. Jetset Travelworld reports slow leisure market tourism growth.
22. NAB reports Australian retailers share of online sales remains strong at 74%.