Latest Retail News – 26/5/2012
1. IGA launches IGA Marketplace targeting young inner city dwellers with gourmet offering.
2. Soft response in consumer sentiment likely to disappoint RBA following rate cut.
3. Debit cards continue to outstrip credit cards as consumers reduce debt.
4. Retravision Southern goes under while individual stores still able to trade.
5. US retailer American Eagle dumps 22 kids concept stores after $24m loss.
6. Myer predicts further fall in full year profit after quiet third quarter.
7. Radio Rentals parent, Thorn Industries, report 26.4% profit growth.
8. Melbourne Central introduces QR code interaction with customers.
9. New accessory concept, Status, launches at Westfield and online with brands including Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lacoste, Guess, Diesel, Armani Exchange, DKNY and Michael Kors.
10. Centro sells The Glen shopping centre to Perron Group while retaining management.