Latest Retail News – 31/7/2016
1. Myer partners with UK’s John Lewis in homewares launch.
2. CBA says 1 in 5 e-tailers plan on opening physical stores.
3. ARA criticises omission of Small Business portfolio from cabinet.
4. Calvin Klein to open store in Sydney’s Broadway Centre.
5. Starbucks to open new stores featuring boutique bakeries.
6. Eagle Boys enters administration.
7. IGA says independents are absorbing Woolies lost customers.
8. Alibaba to ramp up its involvement in Australia.
9. ACCC gives green light to Metcash’s acquisition of Home Timber & Hardware from Woolworths.
10. Woolworths slashes jobs and closes stores in re-structure.
11. Mr Whippy interested in Eagle Boys business.
12. Woolworths reviewing its New Zealand operations.
13. DJ’s opens first store in New Zealand.
14. Woolworths cuts Murray Goulburn products.
15. Myer and Uniqlo open revamped stores at Pacific Werribee Centre.
16. 7-Eleven tests drone deliveries.