Latest Retail News – 3/11/20121. Melbourne city retailers push for re-opening of Flagstaff Station on weekends.
2. Healthcare takes over from Retail as Australia’s biggest employment sector.
3. Transport & Logistics firm, Toll, looks to take on Australia Post in parcel delivery.
4. Retail Adventures (Go-Lo etc.) placed in administration.
5. Westfield Group wins bid to build and operate major shopping centre in Northern England.
6. Customers consider Aldi the cheapest supermarket according to Roy Morgan Research.
7. Fashion brand, Paul Frank, to launch through Big W stores.
8. Country Road comparable sales up 13.5% for first 4 months of 2013 financial year.
9. Furniture retailer, Funtastic, reports 8% profit growth for 2011/12.
10. Finnish retailer and designer, Marimekko, opens first Australian store in Sydney.
11. Starbucks turnover improves on same store sales.
12. US consumer confidence hits 5 year high.
13. Melbourne’s Docklands continues to struggle as 15 restaurants close over last 10 months.