Latest Retail News – 25/9/2016
1. Existing Preston Market to be retained under $4m revamp.
2. JB HiFi shares soar after Good Guys purchase.
3. Rebel Sport, Myer, and Good Guys win top marketing awards.
4. Ex Pacific Brands (Bonds etc.) CEO joins Lord Mayor race in Melbourne.
5. Kathmandu posts huge jump in profit.
6. UK sports giant, JD Sport, takes an interest in Australian ath-leisure group.
7. Online giant, Alibaba, is now Asia’s richest company.
8. First stage of Chadstone’s latest $660m redevelopment opens next month.
9. New tax regulations will require overseas online retailers that have an Australian annual turnover above $75,000 to collect GST on all goods.
10. Solomon Lew’s Premier Investments lifts profit by 18%.