Latest Retail News – 23/2/2020
1. Dymocks opens a new store in Brisbane.
2. Coles has underpaid staff around $20m over last 6 years.
3. Woolworths expected to open its first e-store by mid-year.
4. Kogan’s half year results very positive.
5. EG Group joins race to acquire Caltex service stations.
6. Target joins list of retailers who have underpaid staff.
7. No-sugar drinks help Amatil lift Australian profit by 34%.
8. Coronavirus kills Australian export market for lobsters.
9. Ishka enters voluntary administration.
10. Dominos global sales reach $1.58 billion.
11. Australian athleisure brand, P.E Nation, to supply H&M stores globally.
12. David Jones expects “another tough period.”
13. A quarter of Collette by Collette Hayman stores to close.
14. Mecca to create the largest beauty store in the southern hemisphere in Sydney.
Articles Worth A Read:Sustainable is the new ticket to play - https://insideretail.com.au/news/sustainable-is-the-new-ticket-to-play-202002#daily
Seven lessons western retailers could learn from Chinese - https://insideretail.com.au/news/7-lessons-western-retailers-can-learn-from-china-202002#daily