Latest Retail News – 16/2/2020
1. JB HiFi avoided Christmas slowdown.
2. Sephora suspends in store makeovers in response to Coronavirus.
3. George Calombaris’s restaurant empire in receivership.
4. ABS says retail turnover fell 0.5% in December.
5. Deliveroo takes on McDonalds deliveries, breaking Uber Eats monopoly.
6. Costco launches online site with free shipping.
7. Baby Buntings website debacle affects first half.
8. Taco Bell and Taco Bill reach settlement.
9. Unilever to stop marketing food and beverages to children.
Articles Worth A Read:
Stealing market share the key to survival in 2020 - https://insideretail.com.au/news/why-2020-will-be-the-year-of-retail-market-share-wars-202002
How much we depend on Chinese Tourism - https://insideretail.com.au/news/we-depend-so-much-more-on-chinese-travellers-now-that-makes-the-impact-of-coronavirus-novel-202002#daily