Latest Retail News – 29/07/2012
1. NAB ups business lending loans rate by 20 basis points.
2. Consumer prices rise less than expected with inflation at 1.2%, down from 1.6% in March.
3. Dick Smith says continuous economic growth unsustainable.
4. General consensus (RBA, ABS) that consumer spending has lifted but is it temporary spike?
5. Quirky travel and stationary goods retailer, Typo, opens first airport shop in Brisbane.
6. Centro Shopping Centre Bankstown extends trading hours to accommodate Ramadan.
7. Fashion e-tailer, Surfstitch, wins 2012 Online Award.
8. Adidas closes its only factory in China.
9. Assistant Treasurer, David Bradbury opens inaugural Retail Council of Australia meeting in Sydney.
10. Ebay reports revenue up 23% over last year.
11. Retail study claims more than half Australians over 15 now shop online.
12. Australia’s largest independent property advisor, Herron Todd White, reports retail vacancy rates are soaring in prime and secondary Sydney shopping strips.
13. Treehouse Children’s Decor placed into receivership.