Latest Retail News – 9/3/2013
1. SA Government considers allowing Coles & Woolworths to sell wine.
2. Westfield expect 1.5-2.0% sales increase in its Australian shopping centres during 2013. 3. Wotif earnings fall as hotel bookings decline around the world.
4. Harvey Norman sales and profit tumble for half year to December.
5. US burger chain Carl’s Jr. plans 300 Australian stores over next 10-15 years.
6. Zara Fashion Chain boss tops global rich list.
7. ABS reports 3.4% year on year turnover increase in retail sales for month of January.
8. Rip Curl shelves $400 million sale.
9. Australia Post to launch new digital mailboxes in coming months.
10. Roy Morgan Research says more than 70% of Australian consumers prefer printed catalogues to online.
11. Adidas to keep Reebok brand despite profit slump.