Latest Retail News – 3/11/2013
1. Coles reports 4.4% sales increase in September quarter.
2. Coles and Woolworths launch in-store coffee kiosks.
3. David Jones to launch new smaller footprint store at Eastland, Ringwood and close Glen Waverley store.
4. Australian Food and Grocery Council predicts difficult Christmas for retailers.
5. Walmart to open more than 100 new stores in China over next three years.
6. AMP Capital Shopping Centres predicts 5% sales increase in 2014 following tough 4 years.
7. City of Sydney promotes active pop up shop campaign to fill vacant shops in Oxford St.
8. Specsavers declared Franchisor of the Year at recent awards.
9. Fashion designer, Collette Dinnigan, to close Boutiques in Sydney, Melbourne, London and drop high end clothing range to concentrate on family.
10. Adventurewear retailer, Snowgum, to enter voluntary administration.
11. Queensland based chain, The Coffee Club, plans 100 stores in Middle East.
12. Footlocker debuts new US style store fitout in Australia.
13. Walt Disney Company plans world’s largest Disney store in Shanghai.
14. Australians lag behind other countries with online pet supplies purchasing.
15. Wesfarmers chief says Amazon far more dangerous to Australian retailers than supermarket duopoly.
16. JB Hi-Fi’s Home concept stores to reach 16 by Christmas.
17. Dominos Pizza and RFG Pizza report strong returns from their food category.
18. Big W sales down 3.6% on last year for September quarter.
19. Fashion label, Hugo Boss, switches from Myer to David Jones.
20. Queen Victoria Market to seek world heritage listing.
21. Blockbuster UK placed into administration again.
22. US overtakes China as world leader in luxury goods growth.
23. David Jones returns to positive sales growth in September quarter.
24. Northern Californian surf, snow, and lifestyle brand, O’Neil’s, opens first Hong Kong flagship.