Latest Retail News – 17/11/2013
1. Australia Post franchisees launch action over low parcel handling fees.
2. Sydney Airport launches new luxury jewellery precinct.
3. Australia Post releases world first 15 second video stamp.
4. British supermarket giant, Tescos, launches entertainment areas for children while parents shop.
5. Australian Retailers Association predicts 3.3% sales growth this Christmas.
6. Myer reports flat sales in first quarter.
7. Amazon launches an Australian e-book and Kindle store.
8. Ebay launches in Indonesia.
9. Mirvac buys Sydney’s Harbourside Shopping Centre.
10. DFO Spencer St. rebranded as Spencer Outlet Centre with Harris Scarfe and Coles Supermarket.
11. Westpac Melbourne Institute Index of Consumer Sentiment increasing by 1.9 per cent from 108.3 in October to 110.3% in November.
12. Australians stole more than $1.7 billion worth of goods from retailers last financial year
13. Costco to open up 15 stores in France.
14. Starbucks ordered to pay nearly $3b compensation for botched deal with Kraft Foods.
15. Marks & Spencer plans to expand its operation in India.
16. Dick Smith to list on Australian share market.
17. Petbarn to link up with 100 clinic vet business in joint retail/vet operation.
18. Luxury retailer, Nordstrom’s, third quarter sales fell by 7%.
19. Walmart’s third quarter up by 2.9% but trims yearly profit forecast.
20. ASOS launches dedicated website for Chinese market.