Latest Retail News – 7/3/2014
1. Retail Food Group says 18% rise in half year profit due largely to pizza business.
2. Wild Cards & Gifts 41 stores sold to UK newsagency and book retailer, W.H.Smith.
3. Australian newsagency chain, Supanews, predicts $3-$5 million online sales in first year.
4. Retail Food Group (RFG) coffee chain, Michel’s Patisserie, named Coffee Shop of the Year in Roy Morgan’s Customer Satisfaction Awards.
5. UK coffee giant, Costa Coffee, plans big Asian expansion.
6. Beacon Lighting prepares for share market debut.
7. MYOB introduces new mobile payment app for small & medium businesses.
8. Chemmart Pharmacy introduces online ordering based around local stores.
9. US fashion retailer, Old Navy, opens first store in China.
10. New Indian fast food chain serves meals sourced from national restaurants on a conveyer belt in 90 seconds.
11. NAB says groceries and liquor provide strong growth in online sales.
12. Italian food supplier, Salt Meats Cheese, look for permanent Sydney location following success of pop-up store.
13. Funtastic flags first half profit drop.
14. US fashion icon, J.Crew, being considered for sale to Japanese retailing giant, Fast Retailing.
15. Apple being accused of shifting untaxed Australian profit to tax haven.
16. David Jones to stock UK footwear brand Kurt Geiger.
17. Australian coffee chain, Di Bella, to relaunch in India.
18. Coles plans $1.1 billion expansion in Australia over 3 years.