Latest Retail News – 17/02/2019
1. H&M says profit decline due investments in online.
2. Administrators of Napoleon Perdis say 27 stores “unnecessary”.
3. Online retail sales dip in December after strong November.
4. Australian wine sales exceeded production in 2018.
5. December retail sales failed to meet expectations.
6. Nick Scali reports record half year profit.
7. US retail sales expected slower in 2019.
8. Amazon patents parcel delivery via public bus and train.
9. J.C.Penney to exit home appliance business.
10. US supermarket giant, Kroger, increases its range of 15 minute meals.
11. David Jones CEO resigns.
12. Menswear retailer, Ed Harry, to close for good.
13. JB HiFi profit up 5.5% in first half
14. Low business and consumer confidence expected to get worse.
15. Victoria looks to eradicate use of plastic bags by end 2019.
16. Nestle introduces Starbucks range for home consumption.
17. Baby Bunting lifts sales.