Latest Retail News – 26/8/2012
1. Allan's Music Stores go into
2. National Retailers Association
calls on Fair Work Australia to abolish Sunday penalty rates.
3. Pacific Brands (Bonds, Dunlop
etc.) reports $450m loss.
4. US homewares retailer,
Williams-Sonoma, joins international rush to set up retail presence in
Australia with 4 different branded shops to open at Bondi Junction.
5. News Ltd. Report that Westfield
to cut up to 400 jobs from global workforce.
6. Wheel & Barrow named top kitchen retailer, ahead of fellow
competitors Robins Kitchen, Matchbox and House.
7. Noni B attributes 2% increased revenue to better customer
service and less discounting.
8. Aldi named Supermarket of the Year for customer satisfaction.
9. Coles launches Tap-n-Go terminals across its network.