Latest Retail News – 8/12/20121. October food sales up, household goods down, overall no change.
2. Reserve Bank reduces official interest rates by 0.25%
3. GPT Property Group (Melbourne Central, Highpoint) introduce smartphone app.
4. Fashion brand, Kenzo, to reinvent itself following poor profit performance.
5. Murdoch shuts down his iPad newspaper, The Daily, due to lack of readers.
6. Unemployment fell unexpectedly in November from 5.4% to 5.2%.
7. Dimmeys taken to court by Consumer Affairs over alleged hazardous or unsafe products.
8. November job advertisements the lowest since January 2010.
9. Ambassador Clothing collapses after 68 years in business.
10. Repco wins this year’s Retail Employer of the Year Award.
11. Westpac, Commonwealth and NAB reduce rates by 0.20%