Latest Retail News – 4/5/2013
1. The Consumer Price Index rose 0.4% in the March quarter.
2. Queensland Government approves first Costco store in state.
3. Burger Kings first quarter earnings double after cost cutting measures.
4. ARA urges interest rate reduction in May Reserve Bank decision.
5. Amazon reports 22% earnings lift in first quarter.
6. Merrill Lynch predicts massive losses for Masters chain over next 4 years.
7. Australian auction company, Grays Online Australia, has purchased online department store, oo.com.au.
8. UK retailer, Primark, to compensate victims of Bangladeshi factory collapse.
9. Woolworths defends decision to buy Australian deodorant brands like Rexona and Impulse offshore.
10. US consumer confidence rises in April.
11. Officeworks opens 11 new stores in 11 months.
12. MYOB and Westpac launch new project to help small business go online.
13. Ikea set to open first stores in India.