1. Specialty Retail Group reports $4.5m loss following disappointing Rivers performance.
2. Pacific Brands posts full year loss despite strong sales in Bonds brand.
3. Mountain Designs launches clothing made from coffee grounds.
4. Aldi cops RSPCA complaints over caged bird egg sales.
5. Westfield continues its $2.5b global development plans.
6. Accent shoe group (Skechers, Platypus, Vans) report 30% sales growth.
7. Kathmandu cuts head office jobs.
8. Economic conditions the single biggest threat for retailers according to American Express.
9. Ralph Lauren launches techno shirt range.
10. Retail Food Group (Donut King, Gloria Jean’s) lifts profit by 50%.
11. Fantastic Furniture reports record sales.
12. 7-Eleven under scrutiny over pay rates.
13. Harvey Norman profit up on back of property market and franchise operations.
14. Cash Converters profit hit by $23m interest settlement with customers.
15. Uniglo to open two stores in Queensland.
16. NAB says online sales dropped 1.4% in July.
17. H&M plans one of its largest global stores in Pitt St. Sydney.
18. Ex ACCC Chair, Professor Alan Fels, to chair 7-Eleven wage enquiry.
19. Kathmandu falls out of top 200 ASX listing.
20. Visa fined $18m for anti-competitive behaviour for preventing rival currency conversion facility.
21. SPC welcomes dumping finding on two Italian tomato canners.
22. Potatoes surge in popularity with consumers.
23. Tesco sells South Korean identity, Homeplus.
24. Aldi posts double digit sales growth across most vegetable groups.
25. Online wine retailer, Vinomofo, offers dinner delivery service.
26. Target unveils new store concept at Chadstone.
27. Macy’s to close 35-40 under-performing stores (nearly 5% of its network).
28. Quicksilver set to file for bankruptcy.
29. Target looks to promote size 16 mannequins.
30. Rivers closes 3 warehouses.
31. Woolworths South Africa (David Jones, Country Road) appoints ex Westpac CEO, Gail Kelly, to board.