Public meetings have commenced at the Engagement Hub on Queen St. as details of the QVM Renewal Implementation Plan are announced.
The meetings cover a variety of issues to do with renewal with key points like –
- five year program.
- keeping the market operating during renewal.
- exciting temporary markets.
- improved toilets, pedestrian crossings, and seating.
- the public are being asked to give feedback on preferred options for market sites, open spaces, and recognising the market’s history.
- five year guaranteed tenure for traders.
- respecting history and culture.
- keeping the look and feel of the market.
- more places to eat, sit, and enjoy the atmosphere.
- better, safer facilities for traders.
Details are available at www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/queenvictoriamarket