Latest Retail News – 15/1/2017
1. David Jones to open boutique style department on Brisbane’s James St.
2. Harbourside Shopping Centre in Sydney to introduce sand beach concept.
3. Federal government announces ban on green or raw prawn imports following discovery of white spot virus in Australian prawns.
4. McDonalds sells controlling interest in China operations to state owned corporation CITIC.
5. Jeweller, Michael Hill, records mixed first half results.
6. China’s largest online retailer, Alibaba, looks to buy Intime Retail Group in entry to bricks’n’mortar channel.
7. Athletic apparel brand, Lululemon, reports strong 4th quarter sales.
8. Dubai Shopping Festival features world’s largest multi-media water projection display.
9. David Jones reports 4% sales rise during Christmas period.
10. New computer touch screen at CES allows users to “feel” fabric.