2. Greet Your Customer – Such a simple thing, yet so important.
Are you perfect at assessing customers? How often have you been surprised when a “no chance” becomes a paying customer?
A simple greeting gets you on the right foot with your customer....and don’t be worried if they don’t establish eye contact straight away (many don’t). They may simply be responding to a recent bad shopping experience.
What constitutes a good greeting ? –
1. Immediate Recognition – don’t delay.
2. Be Warm & Sincere – if it doesn’t come from the heart, it won’t work. Be yourself.
3.”How may I help you?” conveys the right sentiment but you may prefer to find a less used greeting.
4. Understand Your Customer – listen, look and learn. If you read your customer correctly you will be rewarded.
5. Treat your customer the way you would want to be treated. You may prefer not to be bothered when you shop in stores but it is unlikely you have ever been offended by a “Let me know if I can help you”.
It is not always easy to pick the right greeting but it is unforgiveable to ignore a customer.
Tips for Better Business will become a regular entry on our website. What are your tips? Email us or comment below.