1. New home sales have increased for the first time since the GFC hit in 2008.
2. Australian online tailor, Institchu, is expanding into the UK.
3. NZ franchise accused of firing three staff via Facebook.
4. UK’s Barclays Bank to close 400 branches in favour of smaller supermarket sites.
5. Successful US mobile payment company, Square, rumoured to be coming to Australia.
6. JB Hi-Fi’s December half profit up 10% due customer loyalty.
7. Cotton On group prepares for expansion into Brazil, Columbia, and Panama.
8. Deloittes suggest retail will benefit from lower Australian dollar and increased wealth.
9. Starbucks sales growth slows but profit jumps.
10. Coke Zero in 1.25l bottles to be offered for $1 in February Woolies promo.
11. Indonesia’s retail sector expected to grow faster than other markets.
12. Deals Direct lists on Australian share market.
13. US consumer confidence rises in January.
14. David Jones combines customer innovation with marketing and financial services in new executive position.
15. UK supermarkets Tesco, Waitrose, and Asda, plan grocery collect lockers at tube stations.