1. Nike records 22% profit increase in 4th quarter largely from improved US performance.
2. Malaysian hypermarket operator, Giant, to open 500 mini stores in order to lower prices.
3. Australia’s Boost Juice opens in Russia.
4. Noni B to write down the goodwill content in its accounts by $5million.
5. JB HiFi and Catch of the Day are most popular Facebook retailers.
6. US bookstore Barnes & Noble continues to rack up losses as Nook digital book reader struggles.
7. Aldi to launch online liquor sales August 1st.
8. CBA reports consumer spending at its highest level since 2007.
9. Two Us McDonalds stores stop selling halal food after standards questioned.
10. Metcash (IGA, Mitre 10) has doubled profit in the 12 months to 30th April.
11. Oxfam says more than 70% of Australians would pay more for clothing if worker safety guaranteed.