Retail News Shorts – 9/9/2018
1. Harvey Norman looks to overseas expansion as profit falls.
2. Myer axes 30 management roles.
3. Tiffany sales in Asia/Pacific rise 28%.
4. Arnott’s Biscuit brand up for sale.
5. Coca-Cola purchases UK coffee chain.
6. Luxury category predicted to grow twice as fast as general retail.
7. Retail Food Group post. $306m loss.
8. Woolworths and Coles dominate fresh bread market with more than 50% of total sales.
9. John Lewis cuts 270 jobs as it rebrands.
10. Woolworths experiments with checkout free shopping.
11. Sportsgirl enters beauty product market.
12. Shoe maker, Vans, opens more of its own stores.