Retail News Shorts – 16/9/2018
1. Costco goes slightly ahead of Target and K-Mart on customer satisfaction.
2. French sports retailer, Decathlon, to open first US store.
3. Nestle loses case to protect Kit-Kat 4 fingers design.
4. China promises retaliation over US tariffs.
5. Myer suffers $486m loss.
6. UK sports retailer, JD Sports, increases half year profit by 17%
7. Amazon Australia launches into Automotive and Pet Care categories.
8. Myers Chief Operating Officer departs.
9. Walmart’s Scan & Go stores claim 10 million users in China.
10. NZ Dairy giant, Fonterra, posts first ever loss.
11. Retail lags behind broader economy
12. Sumo Salad comes out of voluntary administration.
13. Dymocks launches new education business
14. Myer reveals turnaround strategy including readily accessible staff and Myer brands.