Latest Retail News – 3/3/2019
1. The Gap says it is thinking of selling its Old Navy brand but the new women’s active-wear Athletica brand is kicking goals.
2. Woolworths scraps $1 milk.
3. Online retailer, Catch, claims sales up 62% in first half.
4. Coles profit drops on re-structure.
5. Talks underway to bring Toys’R’Us back to Australia.
6. January retail spending up.
7. Woolworths first half profit up 1%.
8. Negative same store sales in Reject Shop’s first half.
9. Woolworths and Coles battle over click’n’collect market.
10. Officeworks and Bunnings show earnings growth while K-Mart stumbles.
11. Myer comes first in department store customer satisfaction.
12. Coca Cola Amatil profit falls on SPC writedowns.
13. Adairs expects consumer downturn.
14. Michael Hill profit bounces back after exiting USA.
15. Woolworths online sales up 30%.
16. Priceline introduces fashion.