Latest Retail News – 21/7/2019
1. David Jones enhances its loyalty program.
2. Arnott’s Biscuits included in Campbell’s sale of international portfolio to Ferrero.
3. Catch, Ebay, and others launch Prime style sales in competition with Amazon.
4. Myer links with “new lifestyle innovator”, Litmus Lab, in major stores.
5. Starbucks launches express service concept “Starbucks Now” in China.
6. Big W announces store closures.
7. Dominos puts plant based meats on the menu.
8. General Pants expands to NZ.
Articles Worth A Read:
Are Aussie shoppers fussed about delivery? - https://www.powerretail.com.au/insights/are-aussie-shoppers-fussed-about-delivery/
The inexplicable decline in retail sales growth - https://www.axios.com/retail-sales-growth-online-amazon-prime-day-c47fb202-b4fe-4136-8310-e312a6bc0138.html
Australians are eating less bread but….. - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-18/artisanal-bread-rises-as-consumption-declines-overall/11311544
Big W’s one fatal mistake - https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/big-w-reveals-the-first-three-stores-to-close-in-january/news-story/6b78275684d95c02a053d266d6e21a3b
Tips on getting the most from Facebook advertisements - https://www.inc.com/chris-ronzio/given-up-on-facebook-ads-heres-why-they-arent-working.html