1. Westpac says consumer confidence is at its lowest level since May 2009.
2. US retail sales rose by 0.5% in July, the first rise in 4 months.
3. Reject Shop have blamed a 30.8% fall in profit on summer weather factors.
4. The world’s largest retailer, Walmart, has announced a 5.7% increase in income for the July quarter.
5. Zara Fashion chain caught up in slave labour scandal in Brazil.
6. Super Retail Group reports a 46% profit rise on the back of soaring sales.
7. Billabong posts 18% fall in annual profit as it battles with poor economic conditions and the rising Australian dollar.
8. Retail Exhibition and Conference 2011 to be held at Exhibition Centre, Docklands, 13-15th September.