The Sunshine Coast is rejoicing over Trip Advisor's latest ratings for best market in Australia with Queensland's Noosa winning top spot and Eumundi Market running fourth.
To get things into perspective Noosa Farmers Market only gets a few reviews each month but the ratings are consistently high and it seems to have established a niche for gourmet foods of excellence at a premium price.
Trip Advisors review rating system ranks our QVM a lowly 8th behind Adelaide, South Melbourne, and Prahran markets.
According to Trip Advisor the top 10 markets in Australia are as follows:
1. Noosa Farmers Market – Sunshine Coast
2. Adelaide Central Market – Adelaide
3. South Melbourne Market – Melbourne
4. Eumundi Market – Sunshine Coast
5. Prahran Market – Melbourne
6. Salamanca Market – Hobart
7. Sunday Market Port Douglas – Port Douglas
8. Queen Victoria Market – Melbourne
9. Parap Market – Darwin
10. Sydney Fish Market - Sydney
Apparently Noosa and Eumundi's combination of farmer's market, art & craft stalls, and lay back style is a winner with travellers.
Before you put your stall up for sale we should point out that Trip Advisor ranks QVM as Melbourne's no.2 shopping destination ahead of DFO South Wharf, David Jones, and Haigh's Chocolates. And the no.1 shopping destination in Melbourne according to Trip Advisor reviews? - South Melbourne Market.