1. Fashion giant, Zara, to open 7th Australian store at Sydney’s Chatswood Shopping Centre.
2. Harvey Norman’s full year profit falls by 17.5% from $172m to $142m.
3. US consumer spending shows weakness in July.
4. Westfield to focus on overseas development following softening in Australian retail market.
5. NAB reports online spending now 6.3% of traditional retail sales.
6. Choice accuses frozen yoghurt retailers of misleading health benefit claims.
7. Dun & Bradstreet Business Expectations Survey shows fall in final quarter.
8. Reserve Bank leaves cash rate unchanged at 2.5% in September.
9. Australian fashion chain, Taking Shape, opens first stores in UK.
10. Japanese brand, Uniglo, to open first German store in Berlin, 2014.
11. Knight Frank Research reports high vacancy rates in some of Melbourne’s premier shopping strips with Bridge Rd. recording 16% vacancies at August 2013.
12. Swedish retailer H&M to open one of its biggest stores at Melbourne’s GPO centre.
13. Nordstrom and Foot Locker in US list of fastest growing retailers.
14. Sportscraft launches first New Zealand store in Christchurch.
15. Costco set to expand into Adelaide and Brisbane with possible future store at Epping.
16. E-commerce darling, Shoes of Prey, opens physical store at David Jones in Sydney.
17. Ikea plans up to 15 new stores worldwide in 2014.
18. US department store icon, Nordstrom, says Australia is second biggest foreign market after Canada.