The recent Retail Federation convention in New York described some of the major problems for retailing –
1. Physical stores have become boring.
2. Mobile phones are being used more often but they are not a great way to shop.
3. Privacy has become a major issue as shoppers are asked to give more information in exchange for deals.
4. Discounting has become endemic and it is hurting the bottom line.
5. Neglecting the retail basics. We need to get back to the basics of an enjoyable, reliable shopping experience.
Have Your Say - click here.