1. Confectionary brand, Kit Kat, opens first ever retail concept in Japan.
2. Singapore company buys Gloria Jeans coffee shop global brand.
3. Major US retailer, Overstock.com, accepts Bitcoin.
4. Fake luxury goods booming in India.
5. Burger chain, Grill’d, gives free beer and burgers if temperature reaches preset target.
6. Australian Stationery chain, Smiggle, to roll-out in UK.
7. Young Generation Z’s less likely to buy Australian made.
8. China’s retail sales rise 13.1% in 2013.
9. Credit card signatures phased out by 31st July 2014.
10. ACCC grants interim permission to Victorian newsagents to collectively bargain with Tatts and Intralot lotteries.
11. CBRE says Vietnam presents strong growth possibilities for retail.
12. McDonalds reports disappointing quarterly sales.
13. Reject Shop share price falls 33% following disappointing comparable store sales.
14. David Jones accepts Union Pay, China’s national debit/credit card.