1. Leading pharmaceutical companies urge new Australian government not to cut Pharmaceuticals Benefits Scheme.
2. Kogan considers partial sale as strategic option.
3. Pie Face to launch drive through concept at Gold Coast store.
4. US August retail sales flat with cars and electronics up but clothing and sporting goods down.
5. Prada opens 2 new stores in China.
6. Myer profit slips 8.7% but expects return to profit growth 2015.
7. Westfield to sell 7 US malls.
8. Ibisworld research shows Australian plus size clothing stores thriving.
9. Smiggle to launch stores in UK.
10. Reject Shop says no to online selling “until number stack up”.
11. Peter Alexander sleepwear to be sold in Myer.
12. Bruce Billson elected Minister of Small Business in new Tony Abbot ministry.
13. Woolworths considering new brand “Woolworths Local” to market products from local farmers and suppliers.
14. JB HiFi rumoured to have made offer for Good Guys electrical chain.
15. Oroton’s store sales down 4% for 2013.
16. Dubai’s high end jeweller, Monili, to open first international store in Brisbane.
17. Nespresso opens pop-up “coffee Havens” in Melbourne and Sydney during September.
18. Starbucks bans guns in its US stores.
19. Australia Post announces increased parcel charges from 7th October.
20. Williams Sonoma to open first dedicated West Elm home furnishings store outside US in Chapel St. Melbourne.
21. Billabong finally restructures and appoints new CEO.
22. David Jones to stock one of UK’s top fashion labels, Phase Eight.