Research by PayPal suggests that changing buying patterns will lead to an overall lower spend this Christmas.
Some key points are:
1. Likely 20% reduction in spending on Christmas.
2. An emphasis on supporting causes like drought relief, mental health, and rural fire services.
3. 73% of Australian consumers prefer Australian made.
4. Kris Kringle has become a staple in one third of Australian families, resulting in fewer gifts.
5. Economic downturn has resulted in more savvy shopping with emphasis on discounts and special events.
Read the full article in Inside Retailing here – Aussies Buying Fewer More Purposeful Gifts