Latest Retail News – 12/1/2020
1. QVM joins the fund raising effort for bushfire victims.
2. Harris Scarfe to close 21 stores.
3. Sydney based bag brand, From St.Xaviers, launches range in Selfridges, London.
4. Consumer confidence at 4 year low.
5. America’s giant home décor chain, Pier 1, to close 450 stores.
6. Longer opening hours allow supermarkets to boost sales.
7. UK supermarkets have their worst Christmas since 2014.
8. Reject Shop asked to explain 40% rise in share price.
9. Bardot to close 58 stores.
10. NAB says Black Friday online sales up 62%.
11. EB Games to close 19 un-profitable stores.
Articles Worth Reading:
Out of the box ideas to try when sales are struggling - https://www.insideretail.com.au/news/out-of-the-box-ideas-to-drive-sales-when-spending-is-down-202001
Retail store checkouts to change massively - https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardkestenbaum/2020/01/06/retail-store-checkout-will-undergo-massive-changes-soon/#90cba780de77
Personalisation will be 2020’s most over-hyped marketing practice - https://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2020/01/07/personalisation-will-be-2020-s-most-overhyped-marketing-practice
American Dream Mall has made it at last - https://fortune.com/2020/01/06/american-dream-mall-new-jersey/
Forever 21 turns to e-commerce after retail failures - https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/01/07/forever-21-turns-e-commerce-after-retail-failures
Retailing is moving back to main street in 2020 - https://www.fastcompany.com/90436206/in-2020-retail-is-moving-back-to-main-street