Latest Retail News – 5/1/2020
1. Uniqlo sales rise 25% year on year in Australia.
2. Toms Shoes hand business over to creditors.
3. Harrods to open in Shanghai.
4. Dan Murphy’s opening smaller stores.
5. Tiffany’s offered a US$112,000 advent calendar at Christmas.
6. Christmas gift card sales surged in 2019.
Articles Worth A Read:
The Big Retail Hits In Europe For 2019: https://www.insideretail.com.au/news/european-retail-the-greatest-hits-201905
Amazon is a Brand Disaster Waiting to Happen: https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/amazon-is-a-brand-disaster-waiting-to-happen.html
Predicting Radical Retail Change In The Next 5 Years: https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/flintstones-make-way-for-the-jetsons-in-retail-revolution-20191217-p53ku4