1. The Australian Sporting Goods Association has called on federal parliament to toughen up laws on counterfeit sporting goods particularly apparel.
2. Coles has introduced its MIX clothing and accessories line to supermarkets.
3. A new online sporting goods site called Onsport.com.au sells sporting goods, sports tickets and sports packages.
4. Upmarket jewellery store, Bulgari, has opened its new outlet at Melbourne’s Crown Complex.
5. Lingerie maker and retailer, Bendon Group, has bought three Australian brands – Lovable, Davenport, and Kissed.
6. The Australian Retailers Association says that 4 out of 5 retailers think the Carbon Tax will impact badly on sales.
7. Despite difficult trading conditions and the disabling of their main distribution centre in the Queensland floods, The Reject Shop is set to open 20 new stores this year.
8. Ebay has teamed with local and international fashion brands to create an online Fashion Gallery.
9. Ebay launches a mobile phone app that allows customers to photograph a product in store and then buy it online.