1. Australian Industry Group says Industrial Relations, Taxation and Red Tape are main issues for small business in upcoming election.
2. CommSec report says retail spending up but Australians spending more on services rather than goods like food and clothes.
3. New owners of Dick Smith stores plan expansion.
4. Billabong sells Dakine luggage brand as part of rescue package.
5. Tag Heuer opens third Australian store at MacArthur Centre in Brisbane.
6. Apple earnings beat expectations for June quarter but profit down 22% from 12 months ago.
7. ARA seeks reduction in penalty rates.
8. Quicksilver opens new store in Bekasi Indonesia.
9. Specialty Fashion Group (Katies and Millers) joins Bangladesh safety accord.
10. Tupperware’s global sales rise 8% in second quarter.
11. Pacific Brands (Bonds and Dunlop) launch new vision for innovation and excellence.
12. Starbucks beats expectations with 25% profit increase in last quarter.
13. Coles and Woolworths show interest in Hong Kong’s ParknShop supermarket chain.