1. Target founder, Douglas Dayton, passes away at age 88.
2. ACCC accuses Scoopon of misleading conduct in relation to businesses and consumers.
3. ACCC fines Hewlett Packard $3 million for misleading consumers on guarantee rights.
4. Asia Pacific consumers are the world’s most brand conscious buyers.
5. BIS Shrapnel predicts shopping centre income will not keep pace with CPI over next 5 years.
6. ARA asks Coalition to remove small business red-tape if elected.
7. Louis Vuitton parent company buys Italian cashmere company Loro Piana for A$2.85 billion.
8. NAB says Australian business conditions worst in 4 years.
9. Major Perth shopping centre strikes deal for $2 coffees throughout centre on Sundays.
10. Walmart says it will abandon plans for three new stores if local US state authorities lift minimum shop assistants wage to US$12.50 per hour.
11. Samsung is considered Asia’s most valued brand.
12. MYOB reports that start-up businesses are much more confident of future revenue, and are working less hours than established businesses.
13. Muffin Break launches new made-to-order menu including wraps and pancakes.
14. Catalogues still the most influential marketing medium with consumers according to Roy Morgan research.
15. K-Mart becomes first Australian retailer to release location of garment factories.
16. KFC parent reports reduced profit in last quarter but expects Chinese sales to improve as bird-flu scare diminishes.
17. Online fashion retailer, The Iconic, receives additional $28m funding from backers.
18. First Choice Liquor tops customer satisfaction rates ahead of Dan Murphy.
19. Country Road launches first airport store in Sydney’s Domestic Terminal.
20. Lisa Ho purchases brand name rights from liquidator.