Latest Retail News - 25/8/2013
1. Woolworths says Sundays becoming almost as popular as Saturdays for shopping.
2. Priceline pushes home brands just like supermarkets.
3. Roy Morgan Research says "Australian made" more important to consumers today.
4. Toys R Us plans global expansion with focus on China.
5. Westfarmers lifts profit by 6.3% for 2013 but Target division profit halves.
6. 60 store kitchenware chain, King of Knives, placed in administration.
7. QBD The Bookshop continues expansion with 3 new stores in Westfield centres.
8. Reject Shop reports 11% profit drop following 40 new stores rollout.
9. Epping Plaza to rebrand as Epping Pacific with launch of new Urban Diner restaurant precinct.
10. Super Retail group reports 23% profit lift as consumers continue to spend on their auto, sport, and leisure hobbies.
11. PayPal says Australia leads the world in mobile retail purchasing with 28% of purchases done from mobiles.
12. MasterCard launches Master Pass for easy online purchasing without filling out forms.
13. Woolworths buys popular online retailer, EziBuy.
14. Father's Day spending expected to be around half of Mother's Day.
15. PAC Brands (Bonds etc.) returns to profit for first time since 2010.