Latest Retail News – 5/4/2015
1. Government starts wide-ranging debate on GST reform.
2. Red Rooster to launch home delivery app.
3. ACCC challenges use of “Aussie Beer” name for Chinese beer.
4. More Australians buying veges online.
5. Federal budget expected to test consumer confidence.
6. Origin Energy and Energy Australia fined $millions over sales tactics.
7. Heinz US to buy up Kraft and form fifth largest food company.
8. New AfterPay service allows customers to pay for online purchases after receipt of goods.
9. High end luxury label Net-A-Porter reported to be purchased by Amazon, now set to merge with Italian fashion label, Yoox.
10. Marks & Spencer says clothing sales starting to grow again.
11. High Street sales in UK show biggest decline in 3 years during March.
12. Toy wholesaler, Funtastic, reports $29m loss.