Latest Retail News – 11/12/2016
1. Official ABS figures show retail spending continues to rise in October.
2. Kathmandu increases its quote of sustainable cotton in its clothing.
3. Peter Jackson fills the big gap in menswear retailing.
4. COS, the high end H&M shop opens at Chadstone.
5. Woolworths launches Reindeer Carrots for Christmas.
6. 7-Eleven signs up to new deal with Fairwork Ombudsman.
7. Lululemon opens first “local concept store” at Bondi creating a meeting hub for local sports people.
8. Shopping centre owner, Stockland, introduces humanoid robot to assist shoppers in Sydney.
9. Vinomofo launches in Singapore.
10. New Sydney kitchen can cook 6,000 steaks in an hour for vacuum sealed readymade meals.
11. Woolworths joins forces with Australia Post for parcel delivery and collection.
12. Shareholders approve Steinhoff’s takeover of Fantastic Furniture.
13. Ikea’s global net profit surges 19.6%.
14. Federal Court says Woolworths demand for extra profit payments from suppliers did not breach Consumer Law.