Latest Retail News – 25/6/2017
1. Super Retail Group says it will manage competition from Amazon.
2. Ted Baker profits rise following international expansion.
3. Topshop franchisee blames poor inventory control for failure of Australian operation.
4. Melbourne Airport’s new T2 luxury precinct attracts major international retailers.
5. Ikea launches virtual reality store in Townsville.
6. Amazon makes major $13.4b grocery chain purchase.
7. Aldi plans 900 new stores in US.
8. KFC to trial home delivery.
9. Moodys downgrades 12 Australian banks including the big 4.
10. Amazons purchase of Whole Foods Group shows it is serious about groceries.
11. Oroton sees no end to sales slump – shareholder pumps in cash.
12. Amazon ‘s new acquisition, Whole Foods US, is equivalent to half IGA in our market.
13. Apple and Ikea work towards virtual reality furniture shopping.
14. Forever 21 the latest fashion retailer to report lacklustre demand.
15. Oroton Group puts itself up for sale.
16. Nestle buys into prepared meal market.
17. Nike slashes 1400 jobs as it expands direct to consumer sales.
18. Retail Food group cuts profit forecast.