The first Committee of Trustees meeting was held on 18th December 2018 and the Executive Summary for that meeting and the proposed agenda for 2019 has now been released online – go to link here.
Upcoming agenda items include a Vision For QVM, Trading Hours, and Trader Tenure.
The Queen Victoria Market Committee of Trustees (Committee) will provide the highest source of strategic advice to the Melbourne City Council (Council) on both the Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal Program (QVMRP) and Queen Victoria Market (‘QVM’) operations.
Its purpose is to ensure a broad range of views are considered and to advise the Council on matters of strategic importance to the renewal or trading operations of the QVM. Chaired by the Lord Mayor, the Committee is comprised of 13 members, including market traders, community representatives, independent nominees and Councillors.
The members include:
Sally Capp – Lord Mayor and Committee Chair
Rohan Leppert – Councillor
Jackie Watts - Councillor
Jane Fenton – Queen Victoria Market Board Chair
Jane Hodder – Queen Victoria Market Board Deputy Chair
Carl Greco – market trader
Fleur Studd – market trader
George Milonas – market trader
Greg Smith – market trader
Rocco Tripodi – market trader
Ian Hamm – community member
Jed Macartney – community member
Vanda Fortunato – community member
The Committee will consider matters which:
• are strategic in nature
• have a major impact on the direction of the market, including both the renewal program or operations
• relate to Council decision making about long term objectives of the market
• have a material impact on trader, customer and community experience of the market precinct.
The Committee will not consider matters which are
• commercial in confidence
• involve legally sensitive issues
• involve QVMPR Program or QVM routine operational decisions
• are time sensitive and where referral will impede innovation or entrepreneurial activity
• involve matters pertaining to individual traders or customers
• are matters which are fully within the remit of the QVM Board