Latest Retail News – 17/4/2016
1. Fake Oregano found in Australian supermarkets.
2. Caltex to add haircuts and dry-cleaning to their petrol station/ convenience store model.
3. H&M blames 29% first quarter profit fall on currency and weather.
4. Designer fashion retailer, Incu, reopens expanded store in QV Centre.
5. Food delivery apps increase competition in food retail sector.
6. Uniqlo parent announce first half profit decline of 33%.
7. Good Guys explore possibility of share market listing.
8. Specialty Fashion Group (Millers, Katies, Rivers) to launch City Chic brand in Myer stores.
9. Wesfarmers share price hit by Target scandal.
10. Electrolux closes fridge factory, moves all manufacturing overseas.
11. Marimekko launches Australian e-commerce site.
12. UBS says lower prices better option than loyalty programs for retailers.
13. Solomon Lew inducted into World Retail Hall of Fame.
14. Tesco expect to return to full year profit.
15. Online fashion retailer, Stylerunner’s founder Julie Stevanja, named Young Retail Entrepreneur of the Year at the World Retail Awards.
16. Target’s Geelong headquarters to be moved closer to Melbourne.
17. Major egg producer fined $300,000 for dubious “free range” claims.