Latest Retail News – 3/2/2019
1. The gap between Coles and Woolworths narrows as Coles gathers pace.
2. Sportswear company, Skins, files for bankruptcy.
3. Chinese tourists spend more on retail shopping than any other travel expense.
4. Kogan share price up after strong Christmas.
5. Vicinity Centres property portfolio lost value over recent 6 month revue although Chadstone and DFO’s up.
6. Myer could lose Nike concessions.
7. Amazon planning its own delivery network.
8. Coles trials Uber Eats meal delivery service.
9. Food is the new fashion in Gold Coast Shopping Centres.
10. Chinese retail activity expected to exceed that of the US by end of year.
11. Walmart withdraws from Google Shopping Service.
12. Online furniture and homewares retailer, Temple & Webster, posts first profit.
13. Luxury retailer, LVMH, reports 21% jump in profit.
14. Insect food products expected in Australian supermarkets this year.
15. Napoleon Perdis blames landlords, banks, and online retailing for collapse of his cosmetics empire.