Latest Retail News – 22/12/2013
1. Scoopon ordered to pay penalties of $1 million for false or misleading representations to both businesses and consumers.
2. Amazons German workers strike just days before Christmas.
3. US study says same or next day delivery becoming key driver for retail.
4. McDonalds and KFC under fire for sponsoring kids events.
5. US economy seen as on the improve while A$ declines.
6. Signatures on credit cards to be abolished from July 2014.
7. Footlocker opens first House of Hoops store in Australia with dedication to basketball.
8. Wotif predicts 20% profit decline as Australia and NZ bookings fall.
9. Kitchen & homewares retailer, Robyn’s Kitchen, enters administration.
10. Mainland China's luxury goods market growth has slowed from seven per cent in 2012 to just two per cent in 2013.
11. Japanese fast fashion store, Uniglo, to open pop-up store in Swanston St. late January.
12. Gold Coast’s Pacific Fair shopping centre to commence $670m re-development early 2014.