Latest Retail News – 15/12/2013
1. Super Retail Group says Workout World not in administration just re-structuring.
2. Coles & Woolworths agree to reduce discounts on fuel.
3. Flight Centre loses price fixing legal case.
4. Sportscraft launches new store format in Sydney.
5. Louis Vuitton continues store expansion into India.
6. Metcash to split food and groceries into two divisions.
7. Four Harvey Norman franchisees fined for misleading consumers on guarantee laws.
8. Consumer confidence falls 5% in December.
9. Vodafone plans to exit retail stores as sales suffer.
10. ANZ report says Australian retailers sourcing more goods direct from overseas.
11. 7-Eleven to open first store in Vietnam.
12. US study says less than 2% of retail sales in November/December have come directly from social media like Facebook and Pinterest.
13. US fashion icon, American Eagle, prepares assault on UK market.