Latest Retail News – 16/4/2017
1. Michael Hill continues with store openings but struggles in US.
2. Dominos to offer alcohol alongside gourmet pizzas in store trial.
3. Haighs and Australia Post expect to take advantage of big surge in online chocolate buying this Easter.
4. Woolworths faces $100m lawsuit over profit downgrade.
5. Online menswear store, Kent & Lime, closes after 4 years.
6. Retailers like K-Mart looking for more non-chocolate Easter purchases this year.
7. Oroton CEO steps down following 52% fall in half year profits.
8. Global architectural firm, Benoy, has secured the contract to refurbish the David Jones flagship in Sydney’s CBD.
9. Luxury group, LVMH, experiences $400m sales boost in latest quarter.
10. UK grocery giant, Tesco’s, sales up but profit hit by fraud charges.