Latest Retail News – 21/4/2019
1. NRA backs plastic bag ban.
2. Nestle makes big move in plant based meat market.
3. Ikea to open first small format store in Sydney in May.
4. Woolworths and Aldi increase market share while Coles and IGA go back a little.
5. Woolworths expands its “on demand” delivery service.
6. Private investment firm takes over control of Napoleon Perdis cosmetics group.
7. Debenhams goes into administration.
8. Walmart hires army of robots for some basic store functions.
9. Google’s first delivery drone gets go ahead in Australia.
10. Mountain Designs re-launches its online offer with help from Anaconda.
11. Levis plan to open 100 new stores in US this year.
12. Oxfam is closing its retail, wholesale, and e-commerce operations.
13. Uniqlo cuts outlook following heavy discounting.
14. Darrell Lea to relaunch Lifesavers sweets brand in Australia.
15. Beauty giant, Mecca, opens 100th Australian/NZ store in Adelaide.
16. Appliance discounter, 2nds World, falls into liquidation.
17. David Jones publishes supplier list as part of its sustainability commitment.
18. Retail crime causes supermarkets to tighten up cash register exits.
19. Radio Rentals closing all stores in South Australia.